October 14, 2011

Halloween Tutus! Part 2 - Witchy Woman

As I mentioned in my last post, I was/still am on a bit of a tutu kick ;) Last year, my 5 year old said she wanted to be a witch so I made a costume that centered around a black tutu.

She looked just ADORABLE!

I did a basic black tutu {here's a basic tutu-orial with other helpful tutu related links} and then added some strips of purple satin ribbon.

We already had the hat that gave us the color scheme of black and purle so I got a t-shirt at the dollar store and freezer paper stenciled the phrase "Wichy Woman" on it ;)

I used purple fabric paint. After it was dry, I went over it with silver glitter! You can make this SOOO easily either with a cricut or by hand. If you don't already know how, look up Freezer Paper Stencil on google, it's AWESOME what you can do!

I ended up tying the purple ribbon into bows because it made her stand out from her sisters costumes ;)

SOOOO CUTE!!

My Witchy Woman :)

Next up: Part 3 - Zebra's ROCK!

Linking up to these awesome parties ...





Photobucket
Confessions Of A Stay At Home Mommy






somewhat simple
36th Avenue

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the tutu and the purple ribbons are genius ! they really make it stand out and pretty it up even more ! so so cute !

- KAT -

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

She is just too cute! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!