January 2, 2012

Let's Call Them GOALS, Not Resolutions :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Last year was a good year in terms of getting my house and my life closer to where I want them.

I'm determined that this year will be even better.

I want to set some goals. I have issues with setting goals. I worry that it sets me up for failure if they're too big, and I don't fail, then the goal wasn't big enough.

So I'm just going to write some things down and we'll see how it goes.

1. I want to get a cleaning schedule in place for this ... place. I was looking around on here the other day and saw a post I did LAST January with ALL KINDS of awesome cleaning/organizing links that I had COMPLETELY forgotten about. I have a bunch of cleaning stuff pinned too and this is something I REALLY need to focus on this year.

2. I want to post more often. Whether it's here or there, I need to post more. I'd love to say that it's to hone my writing skills, but really it's because I have ABSOLUTELY no memory. In looking back at pictures from earlier in the year I realized that I remember less details than I would like, but when I read posts about events/pictures I remember WAY more. So I need to carve out time, hopefully on a daily basis, to write out anything and everything I want to remember.

3. I want to work on some projects around here. I have an ever growing list of things I want to do, thanks to Pinterest!, that I really want to get done. They range from organizational projects, to decor projects, craft projects to repurposing projects. And as soon as I finish up my Christmas gifts I'm jumping RIGHT IN!

4. I want to make better use of my time. I have really struggled with this. Sometimes it feels like the only thing I get done in a day is going to the gym. I get home and I basically don't get much else accomplished. I feel like HEY! I got my workout in! I'm doing something great for myself! I don't need to do much else! LOL and then I don't. SO I need to find a way to get my workouts in because they are EXTREMELY important to me, but not make it the only thing I do in a day.

5. I want to enjoy my family time more. I've noticed that I've enjoyed time with my older 2 girls SO much more lately and I LOVE it! I would like to work on things with my youngest. She's 6 and still pretty tough. I need to spend more time with her and more time working with her. I want to have as good a relationship with her as I do with my 2 older girls :)

So there it is. Nothing earth shattering, but a good place to go when I get distracted and need something to set me back on track :)

Hope you all are having a lovely New Year!!

No comments: