January 29, 2012

A Valentine's Banner

Last year as Valentine's Day drew near, I wanted to do SOMETHING to decorate for it, but I really didn't want to change the whole winter scheme I had goin on, just add to it.

I decided I could totally do a Valentine's theme with blue so it would still fit in with the color scheme. And the first thing I did was make a pretty banner :)

1. At the dollar store I got a pack of white doilee hearts and cut 17 circles from 3 different colors/patterns of scrapbook paper, a circle for each letter and a one for a space in front, back, and between each word.

I used the blue papers and snowy patterns to play up the winter theme :)

2. I measured the center of the heart, and using my cricut, I cut out the letters in navy blue cardstock.

3. I used a clear square scrapbook adhesive attached to the back of the heart to adhere it to the circle.


4. I used a liquid adhesive on the back of the letters

and adhered them to the center of the heart.

5. I cut 3/8" white grosgrain ribbon in 2" sections and looped it. I attached it to the back of the circles using a glue dot but you could also use a stapler.

6. I strung the circles on a pretty blue satin ribbon across the mantel.

And the Winter Themed Valentine's Banner was done! Totally easy, totally inexpensive, and totally cute!

Linking up to the CRAFTILICIOUS parties in my side bar!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Great banner! I love the blue colours you chose - makes a nice change for valentines!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

I'm just loving the fact that it's in blue. How fun is that to branch out of the traditional red & pink rut? Would be delighted if you'd link up to my brand new party:
http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/01/mop-it-up-mondays-party-1.html
{HUGS},
kristi

(your newest follower)

Mandy said...

Thanks so much for linking this awesome project up to Project Queen! I LOVE your blog and I'm your newest follower!

Mandy
projectqueen.org

Artsy VaVa said...

I love the banner. I like that you used blue instead of pink or red!